So as all ya'all know, I have a pretty stinking fantastic hubalub. We laugh, we cry, we shoot each other with nerf guns, it just doesn't get much better..or so I thought. Two weeks ago, Saturday Oct 29th to be exact, we were at a family yoga Halloween party. Let me paint the scene for you. First imagine a cute lil yoga studio tucked away in Boulder that has a lil room upstairs that normally fits about fifteen people. Pack this room with a cow, a clown, wonder woman, a fish, wee lil wolverine, a cowboy, a scary bumblebee, and many more fab people old and young all crowded together on yoga mats doing hilarious Halloween themed poses. Now throw in a face painter, ok not quite a face painter, more like a scary lady with a paint brush who had a contest with herself to see how fast she could slap paint on someone and convince them it looked like a pirate. I didn't have the guts to ask her, but I'm pretty certain her other job is working at Costco as a free sample lady that only says "where's your mom?!" in a scary voice to anyone who tries to grab a taquito. Anyway I digress..so after we got our yoga on, it was time to go upstairs for a magic show! And who was the fab magician you might ask? Oh non other than creepy face paint lady!! And yes, it was fantastic. She was crazy and as we all know, kids love crazy so they were all laughing hysterically. And while they were laughing, Pat and I were rebels and standing in the back of the room while everyone else was sitting on the floor. Why were we standing you might ask? Oh cause apparently contractions make it uncomfortable to sit on a hard floor. Right at the end when the magician made a real bunny appear, I thought it was the appropriate time to tell Pat our plans for the rest of the day may need to be cancelled cause we might have a baby coming...
Needless to say, we quickly said our goodbyes and scurried home. My mother called (I swear she has spidey senses) to see how I was feeling. I said great but was a tad uncomfortable at the moment and may or may not be in labor. I was so afraid to be that guy! You know the one, that goes to the hospital only to be told you ate too much and what you think is a contraction is actually just bad gas. Well my mom humored me but while she was saying "hmmm yea, could be labor. You should try timing your "contractions" she was looking for plane tickets and her and my dad flew out that night. Best parents ever. So turned out that it wasn't gas pains it was actually my daughter deciding she wanted to come party with us. We headed to the hospital a few hours later and was in labor for a total of 18.5 hours. I'll spare you all the gory details of me becoming evil in the last half hour when they broke my water, I may or may not have told Pat if he ever wanted another child we were adopting..and just jump to the part where I pushed out a dang cute baby! Taylee Jean made her grand appearance at 5:45 am October 30th and she came out with a head full of super long highlighted blonde hair! the nurses were all so impressed, she's the first they've seen with highlights and that much light hair. She was 20" long, 7lbs 6 ounces, and has awesomely long skinny feet that didn't even fit in the footprint box. Needless to say, her newborn socks don't fit. :) Both sets of grandparents were there to welcome her into our crazy awesome fam as was her Aunt Chelsea and great grandma Jean. Couldn't have been better and she couldn't be any cuter. :) We did have to put her under the billirubin lights at first, but she was a trooper. And all of her first pics she has a nice blue glow about her. We're on the hunt for an old school glow worm stuffed animal, or a smurf..both seem appropriate for her first Christmas present.
We're all doing great, amazing how quickly it feels like she's always been a part of the fam. She's a champ at eating and sleeping. Getting 3-4 hours a night which is awesome. she loves pumping her fists especially if she ain't a happy camper and she gives a warning squeal that I like to call her pterodactyl scream. It's just a quick "hey not happy here people" and if you don't fix it within a minute, the crying starts. Oh and she already has a sense of humor - she loves to give you a special "gift" right as you're changing her diaper...especially if her dad is changing her. Hilarious.Pretty much, we're insanely in love and truly believe that three is a magic number.
great! glad to see you have joined the blogging world. congrats again. I have a gift I have been meaning to send you for like weeks, so it will be coming shortly I promise!! Congrats and Love ya!
ReplyDeleteYay! You have a blog! And super YAY for your sweet Taylee! Hope you're doing well and can't wait to meet her.
ReplyDeleteYay! Exactly what your Auntie Beth has been awaiting --- real true news with the details - love the details. I'm an official member and plan to like your blog on Facebook cause I'm that cool! Welcome, welcome little Miss Taylee Jean
ReplyDeleteUpdate????:)
ReplyDelete