Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wait a minute, what day is it???

So, not only is it 2013, but I have an almost 15 month old. What the crap is up with that?? Everyone always warned me that when you have a kid, all the sudden time goes into warp speed. And I nodded, and said "oh I'm sure!" But now that I'm in it, I all the sudden realize the infamous they were not only right, but there's not a dang thing I can do about it. The best part? I don't even know what I've been doing for the last year! (apparently warp speed makes everything a little blurry.) I know there were a lot of laughs, drumming on everything, food fights, diaper changing, tons of trying out new hair dos, Frankenstein walking, and even more laughing. Oh and then of course I remember Christmas, cause how can you not?? It's only the happiest time in the entire year! And it helps that it was only a month ago...but other than that I don't know what I've been doing that has made this year zoom past!

But the things I can remember make me smile so we must be doing something right. The little tyke made it to her first birthday - that seems like a huge success for us parents. Granted, she wasn't too excited for her party considering she was a little sick and didn't sleep the entire day, but it wouldn't be our daughter if she actually smiled for the camera.
 
Don't get me wrong, she smiles all the time, just not if she knows you want her to. Little sassy pants, no idea where she gets that one from...So a quick update on the cutest kid in the entire world. I know I'm partial, but if you've had the privilege of meeting Taylee, or Tayzila as we like to call her at the moment, you know she's pretty much the most amazing, hilarious thing in the entire world. She's now walking around all over the place, talking non stop and even saying words you can understand (ok, ok that's not completely true...she more just makes animal sounds. She knows woof woof, ah ah ah (that's a monkey), quack, and roar (that one is probably my favorite), she's a pro at using a fork, gets extra loopy when she's tired so people think we've slipped her booze, she runs in circles shaking her head so her red semi-curly hair goes all over the place, she throws her hands up when you say touchdown, she says yea, no and meh (meh is when she doesn't care or doesn't know what you're asking her), ya know just insanely cute baby stuff like that.

Our little Pebbles

Or our little Gavroche...

 ...or our little Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle...

...or just the cutest little thing ever!

As for Pat and I, we're just truckin right along. Loving our new place, making new friends, continuing an on-going water fight, actually keeping score at games we play (which is not smart, we both are a teensy bit competitive), and eating. Oh how we love to eat. I've decided food is my kryptonite, and I've also decided I'm ok with that. So bring it on food, bring it right on! Oh and we are squeezing working into the mix, but really the important stuff is the playing. So here's to another year, and since I am now aware that I cannot slow this warp speed flying umbrella down, I'm just going to hang on for dear life and try to enjoy each blur as it whizzes past! I'm excited for even more laughs and crazy Taylee stories. Woot woot to 2013!


No comments:

Post a Comment