Monday, November 18, 2013

Holy Two Year Old Batman!

I happen to be a HUGE fan of Halloween. Seriously, how fun is dressing uP?? (I really just like any excuse to bust out the black lipstick..) So needless to say, it was a pretty exciting day when I realized I now had four people to dress up! But how on earth was I going to match the greatness that was Tay's costume last year? She really did make the world's cutest mad scientist.


So what to even do this year? And do we be all cute and make it a family theme? If so, what costumes would work with a belly? My creative juices were running super low, so I came up with the only logical solution. Let Tay pick. Yup that's right. I put all of my trust for brilliant costumes into my almost 2 year olds hands. Images of Tinkerbell and her crazy posse of fairies came to mind, and while that made me shudder, I still gave her the power. (Pat could totally rock wings and a tutu, just saying...) And this is what she did with it. 


Oh yea, that's right. My awesome child picked Batman! Just look at how happy she is! Luckily (and not surprisingly) Aunt Riley and Uncle Dustin happened to have a Batman costume complete with pecks and a six pack. Tay may or may not have sported it for a whole two weeks before Halloween (cereal eating and bike riding will never be the same) The best part? The Batman 'tude she got when she put on the costume. She was definitely ready to protect against crime. Her older cousin Quincy was a little concerned with her choice of costume on account of it just not being fancy thus the black tutu. 

Being a huge advocate of Halloween - we definitely hit as many hip happening happenings as we could. Trunk or treating, wandering Pearl Street for the munchkin masquerade, and of course good ol' Trick or Treating. I think she loves this holiday as much as me. She had a blast running from door to door, and she'd say trick or treat, thank you, and then "more house" and scamper off to the next one with her cape flowing behind her. If someone was already up at a door while we were walking up she'd yell "i'm a coming! i'm a coming!" Yup, she was a hit. And a hit = a buttload of candy. Now of course, Pat and I had to sport our costumes too. Say hello to the Riddler and Wonder Woman. And yes, his jacket and my boots are made of duct tape...



 All this fun Halloween-ness would have been enough fabulousness for anyone, but we weren't even close to being done! We had a two year old Birthday to celebrate after all! Tay's b-day just so happens to fall on the day before Halloween, and I have decided that is a pretty freakin' fantastic birthday. You get to celebrate on your actual birthday, then have Halloween, and then have a birthday party all in one week! And as much as I love Halloween, I am an even bigger fan of birthdays. So on the actual day she of course woke up to balloons covering the hallway (squeals of excitement), special breakfast and a hot chocolate, and then family day at the zoo! Tay is probably the most efficient zoo goer ever - she knew exactly which animals she wanted to see, look at 'em for a few minutes, tell us where she wanted to go next, start pulling the wagon, and we would be off! Yea, I think she gets that from her daddy. I tend to linger and wander aimlessly...surprising I know. We ended the night with a Thriller dance party and pumpkin carving at cousin Quincy and Olive's house. Winning.



Then on Saturday it was time for her Monster Party! Great friends, monster food, party hats, more balloons, and a tie-dyed monster cake - pretty much it was monsterific and Tay was beyond excited. We might still be finding blue icing all over the house from my crazy cake making skills, but hey, it was all in the name of birthday! (Yea, not going to go into cake decorating anytime soon. But at least you could tell it was supposed to be a monster, that's something right?) 

Still can't believe I have a two year old - it's gone so fast, but boy howdy has it been a fun ride! Love this little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment