Saturday, January 11, 2014

And then there were four

I'm not one that usually jumps straight into talking about personal things such as toothpaste preference, number of traffic tickets given, or ya know, pushing a kid out your woo hoo...but today, I am making an exception. Don't worry, it won't be graphic or even that detailed, it's just a story fit for the movies and how can one not share such a story?? Apparently it's impossible.

So as many know, our darlin lil Wynn joined us Tuesday January 7th, 2014 at 6:58 in the morning. What most don't know is that we didn't leave for the hospital until 6:40...Let me paint the picture. I had been up since five with semi consistent contractions. I was just hanging out and getting things together when the contractions started heating up, so i woke up the hubs at 6, Pat called my sister to get Tay, and he called the doc. Seems normal enough right? Right! Except for the fact that all the sudden my contractions were only 1 minute apart and not the most fun thing I've ever experienced (I had been debating going natural again or not, and with those contractions I told Pat there was no way I wasn't getting the drugs. What I didn't realize is that was because I was pretty much in transition). So right when Chels picked up Tay we headed to the hospital. As we were in the car, this little baby decided she had waited long enough (mind you her due date was the 10th and I was in labor for 19.5 hours with Tay. Talk about being pumped to come party with the fam!) I'll spare you the details of my screaming profanities, yanking the o'crap handle, and pushing with every contraction - just know the scene was something like this.


I have to take a sec to give a HUGE shout out to my amazing husband who stayed calm (at least on the outside) while he was going as fast as possible on the icy roads while talking me through every contraction. Yea, the man deserves a huge party. At least a Chipotle burrito. We definitely burned some rubber as we  screeched into a parking spot right when my water broke. We ran into the hospital just in time for me to grab onto Pat and start pushing yet again (every mom knows, when you gotta push, you gotta push. No amount of leg crossing, praying, or cussing will help).

So at this point, Wynn's head was coming out and I feel like it was completely justified, but I was just a tiny bit panicked and started yelling things like "this baby is coming right this freakin moment!" at absolutely everyone in the vicinity. All I could see were people looking at me like I was crazy and them moving in slow motion. The reality is, everyone was actually moving pretty dang fast. These two nurses who were on their way out the door because their shift was over, grabbed a wheel chair, shoved me in it and ran to the elevator. Poor Wynn, not even born and I was already sitting on her head. We got up to the delivery ward, they found me a room (all while I'm yelling at everyone mind you), I stood up and Wynn's head was already completely out. They hurried and got me on the bed and bam, there was our baby. The doctor hadn't even gotten into the room yet, I still had my boots on, and all the  nurses had just started their shift. Told ya, story fit for the movies!

Needless to say, we were pretty much in shock as we sat there looking at our little baby who came barreling into this world like a freight train. We signed the "yes you can deliver our baby" paperwork after she was already there, and she was well known in the hospital as the lobby baby (and the cutest baby they had ever seen of course). She was 7lbs, 10oz and 20" long we think...she doesn't like being messed with and would not let the nurse straighten her leg. She is a surprisingly strong and stubborn lil newborn...Tay is absolutely in love with her and wants to hold her and give her kisses all the time. Pretty much, life just rocks. Love my family, love good stories, and love this whole thing called motherhood! Welcome baby Wynn!

 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Meghan! What a story! Glad you and Wynn are both well. She is absolutely perfectly gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jillian and I just read this and were laughing the whole time while reading. Glad you are both ok and can't wait to meet Wynn. Pat, you win a Chipotle for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meggers! Thanks for sharing this! You are so hilarious...I died laughing! You are superwoman and I can't wait to see your sweet new baby!

    ReplyDelete